Monday, September 14, 2015

Organic Frozen Pizza Crust - Set of 2

These were tasty and easy to work with.  It was nice to have a quick meal.  BUT, there is a fundamental error for someone kitchen-klutzy like myself.

The directions require that you leave these frozen crusts out until they come to room temperature.  This only took about 20 minutes.  Then, you put them on an upside-down cookie sheet.  Great idea.  You then cover with pizza sauce (I love Trader Joe's refrigerated sauce) and all your fave toppings.  The idea is that the crust will slide off from the cookie sheet directly onto the oven rack.

But when I did that, the first two inches of the crust flopped off the pan and the cheese all slid down into the 425 oven.  And man did it burn.  I still just cooked the pizza with the cheese sizzling below, and my entire house FILLED with smoke.  My upstairs smoke detector went off!  Lesson learned - my first floor smoke detector is broken.

I'm on the fence if I will buy these again.  My husband suggested that maybe I should have put flour on the cookie sheet first?  Gee thanks.


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips