Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Trader Joe's Banana Bread Mix

I don't typically buy baking mixes because I like to bake and do it pretty frequently.  My kids also love baked goods and my little one LOVES to help.  He cracks eggs very unsuccessfully!

My good friend from college is a chef and has an amazing (from scratch) banana bread recipe.  This mix was on an end cap at TJ's, and I bought it impulsively.

As a baker, I didn't love this recipe.  I made these as muffins, which requires that you substitute creamed butter for the oil.  And you are supposed to mix it in - this is impossible to do without a hand mixer.  I will say these bake up nicely and evenly.

Overall, the muffins were decent tasting, but don't really taste like true banana bread.  My little one liked them, my big kid did not.

We'll eat them, but won't buy this mix again!



No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips