Friday, June 17, 2016

Summer Mom Lunch Part II

When I had elective laser eye surgery a few weeks ago, my dear friend (and amazing cook) brought my family dinner. I loved this quinoa salad she made. It was just so fresh and tasty. I decided to recreate it TJ style.

Here's what you need.
-quinoa
-grape tomatoes
-Persian cucumbers
-feta
-basil
-balsamic dressing

Cook one serving of quinoa (cook two if this is for family dinner). While it is cooking, cut the two veggies and the basil into strips (about 6 leaves).

Once quinoa is cooked and cooled, mix it together with the two veggies, the basil strips, salt and pepper to taste, and several tablespoons of the BV dressing. 

Voila!




PS - this basil plant was $2.99 at the Teej. Can't beat that!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips