Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Trader Joe's Turkey Taco Tuesday

One of the staple recipes that my household loves is Turkey Tacos.  I am a big fan of the TJ ground turkey, as well as the hard taco shells.  See the bottom of this blog entry for my Turkey Taco recipe.  They're tastier than beef tacos, in my opinion!

Turkey Tacos:

Brown one package turkey breast (the breast part is essential) in a non-stick pan.  I use a tiny bit of EVOO, but you can use cooking spray too.
Once turkey is nearly browned, add 1 Tbsp of chili powder and 1 tsp. cumin.  Mix well.
Then add 1 jar prepared salsa.  I use mild for my kids.
You can also add some chopped mushrooms, red peppers, corn, etc. while the meat simmers.
Let it simmer for 10 minutes or more.  Mix every 10 minutes if you simmer for longer.
Fill shells, top with chopped lettuce, grated cheese, sliced black olives and avocado chunks.

YUM!

No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips