Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sloppy Joe's from Scratch, Served on Pretzel Rolls

Always a family favorite, and an easy prep meal, SLOPPY JOE'S.

I am really picky when it comes to meat purchasing, and I only like one of the ground beef options that Trader Joe's has.

And if I am feeling healthy, I buy the TJ wheat buns.  If not, I buy the pretzel buns.

Here is my version of Sloppy Joe's.  Adapted from many, many different recipes.  And honestly, I never quite make it the same, because I almost never have all of these ingredients at once!

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 tbsp. dried minced onion
4 oz. tomato sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tsp. white vinegar
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

Place ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until evenly browned, stirring to crumble. Drain off any grease.

Stir in the onions, tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce into the beef mixture. Season with salt and garlic powder. Heat to a simmer over low heat, and cook until thoroughly heated and onions are tender, stirring frequently to prevent it from burning on the bottom. Adjust seasoning to taste.

Spoon the hot beef mixture onto buns and serve.
 

ENJOY!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips