Sunday, March 8, 2015

Favorite Meal for Lunch - Pizzadillas

Once in a while, I feel guilty because I am in a cooking rut, making the same things week after week.  Recently, I decided we were in a lunch rut.  Sandwiches, mac-and-cheese... you get it.  So I started Googling for inspiration and came up with some ideas.  Then I went to Trader Joe's.  I combined what I found online with my imagination, and now have a few new staples.

The biggest success was Pizzadillas.  Get it?  A cross between Pizza and Quesadilla.  An Italian-themed Mexican dish.

Here are the two main ingredients that are specific to TJ.



 

DIRECTIONS:
Heat up a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
Spread butter or whatever your preferred spread is over one side of two tortillas.
Put one tortilla in the pan and sprinkle mozzarella cheese around.
Add pancetta (a few small handfuls) and any other ingredients you want (black olives, red peppers, etc.)
Put second tortilla on top and cook for about 5 minutes.
Flip and cook for 5 more minutes.
Cut into triangles and serve plain or with pizza sauce for dipping.




No comments :

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips