Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hosting Book Club - Trader Joe's Style!

What did we do before Trader Joe's?  Next time you're hosting book club, dash on over to TJ!

Here are some YAYS and some NAYS.

Hummus with Pita - always a winner.  My favorite hummus is Kalamata Olive, so this was a no brainer.  But one day, against my better judgement, I purchased the Edamame Hummus... and loved it!  It was quite the conversation starter at book club too.  Its green, ya know.


If I am buying it for myself, I always buy wheat pita.  But for book club, go white.  Tear it into pieces and put on foil in the toaster oven on "warm" for about 10 minutes.



Feta cheese spread with golden round crackers - If you read this spread description, it seems like it will be cheesy and herby, but this one has a kick to it.  And rarely do I complain about TJ, but this is a repeated complaint of mine.  When something that shouldn't have a kick, does... and it isn't disclosed.  I wish I was one of those cool peple who like spicey things, but I'm not.  And who wants spicy feta?  Oxymoron people.

Now the crackers are a whole other story.  They are DEE-LISH.  A great and successful substitute for the leading additive-filled golden cracker.



















Corn and Chile Salsa with Organic Blue Corn Tortilla Chips - now you might think that something with the word chile in the title is spicy, but it isn't.  It is sweet!  Yep, not a typo.  SWEET.  I thought I would dislike this salsa, but I loved it.  And the blue chips are a staple in our house.  The kids beg for more.  We eat them with guacamole, tacos, enchiladas, etc. 

Here's my only NAY so far - just read the title.  What was I thinking?  If you want spinach dip, it can't say
1. Kale
2. Greek Yogurt
3. Reduced Guilt
Own the guilt and buy the real thing!



1 comment :

  1. The frozen naan is great with hummus too...you can make it in the toaster!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips